Once she was being loaded with ammunition and taking fuel at the same time, a dangerous practice. Due to fuel drums falling onto explosives and a spark from Bluenose's stack after the latter hit Zorran's barge, the dock caught fire, thus setting off the explosives and fuel that had been taken aboard her. Since she was nearly fully loaded, her cargo "ripped her apart" (as Zorran predicted) and she was destroyed and fatally sunk in the water. After the incident, she was rebuilt.
- Sunshine (stock footage; cameo)
- Munitions (does not speak)
- Ghosts (cameo)
- Bigg Freeze (deleted scene)
Books and Annuals
- Naval Manoeuvres (does not speak)
- Kraka-Toa was named after the equally explosive volcano Krakatoa, which exploded in 1883 and caused much disturbance in the global climate for a while afterwards.
- She is the only female tramper, even though she never speaks.
|Bluenose • Grampus (formerly)|
The Naval Ship • Kraka-Toa