Nantucket's main appearance is in "Quarantine," in which he attempts to trick Sunshine into taking him into port by pulling down his chequered, quarantine flag. After his plan is foiled, the Coast Guard sentences him to further forty days in quarantine along with Zorran, who falls into Nantucket's trap.
He also appears in the episode "Trapped," as he takes the role of being the tramper that Zug was supposed to take to the breaker's yard. In the process he blocks the waterway and several of the Star Tugs and Zug up river. Billy Shoepack takes several measures, up to the point where he blows the ship up in half. Nantucket later makes another cameo in "Ghosts."
He speaks with a Lancastrian accent.
Top Speed- 30 knots
Books and Annuals
- Quarantine (does not speak)
- His hull was adapted for Old Rusty.
- He is the only tramp steamer to communicate via megaphone while all other trampers to talk, Izzy Gomez, Johnny Cuba, and Old Rusty, had their own faces, while Kraka-Toa never spoke at all.
- In Salty's Lighthouse, Nantucket is named "Tramper". In some episodes, he is able to speak, but in others he communicates with a foghorn sound effect instead and is less villainous.
- Nantucket's model was destroyed during production of "Trapped" when it was split in half after being blown up.
- His model was the tramp steamer in the Tugs episode "Trapped".